Is democracy failing or misused in the governing of resources? A dialogue between the public and private sector, the participants will discuss what role governments can and should play in bringing about solutions to resource related problems. Panellists will probe how we can overcome the toxic mix of resource scarcity, budget constraints, and short-termism in government so as better to govern natural resources.
- How can democracies take a more long-term approach to resource related issues?
- Can markets and firms help governments re-design and deliver more long-term solutions?
- Is there an enduring competitive advantage in the offing for countries who lead?
- What would persuade investors that they could trust governments to be consistent?
- How can countries raise standards without exporting problems?